Cattle raised on grass are healthier and happier. Novy Ranch cattle are raised with humane and sustainable practices.
• Animals experience significantly less stress in a pasture environment and are able to socialize, rest, eat and raise their calves in a natural environment.
• Our cattle roam freely and are able to find shelter from the weather in natural settings among trees and lee areas.
• Novy Ranch cattle are provided straw bedding throughout the winter months .
• NO SMELLY CONFINEMENT IN FEEDLOTS.
• No history of BSE (Mad Cow) in grass-fed animals as they are never fed processed feeds that contain animal by-products. Novy Ranches never feeds antibiotics and growth hormones are never used.
A smaller carbon hoofprint on the planet...
Benefits of grass farming to the environment:
• More sustainable manure management, less groundwater contamination
• More diverse and healthy ecosystems vs. the filth and air pollution of crowded feedlots.
• Reduced use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides associated with corn and grain production.
• Reduced soil erosion and contamination associated with feedlots and grain crops.
• Feeding grass to animals reduces greenhouse gases through carbon sequestration. Grasses in healthy pastures draw excess carbon dioxide from the air and return it to the soil as carbon.
• Land tracts set aside for grass farming provide wildlife habitat. Farmers who produce grass-fed beef are likely to be better educated about the environment and are better stewards of the land.
• Grass-based farms reduce the amount of fossil fuels/emissions needed to operate large-scale factory farms and large-scale monoculture plantings of grain crops.
Click on picture below to enlarge.